It has been a long minute since we have had a mood board up in here, and as I have been spending some time daydreaming about the day I can design a whole living room for myself and freely DIY/buy/magically procure everything I want for it, I thought maybe we could wistfully daydream together. And lately, I’ve been in a very mid-century modern mood.
In case you are curious or just a mega nerd, “Mid-Century modern is an architectural, interior, product and graphic design that generally describes mid-20th century developments in modern design, architecture and urban development from roughly 1933 to 1965.” – brought to you by Wikipedia.
If I could wave a magic wand, this would be the result:
- Mid century modern custom address sign by Daddy’s simple signs, $75
- Bentwood Pendants by West Elm, $168
- Mid century poster print, MIES’S PIECES geometric shapes, artists giclée print by visual philosophy, $24.99
- Spectral Floor Lamp by inmod, $430 (on sale)
- Mid-Century Danish Modern Dresser by Revitalized Artistry, $975
- Madeline Chair by Urban Outfitters, $379
- Martini Side Table – Silver by West Elm, $149
- Sheepskin Rug, Ivory by Pottery Barn, $79-$179
- 2-piece dahlia candle-holder set by CB2, $19.95
- Danish Modern Side Table by Urban Outfitters, $179
- Jester vase by CB2, $49.95
- Night and Day Convertible Sofa by Urban Outfitters, $649
My partner-in-all-things-life is very much into clean, new, modern design while I like to blend that pretty evenly with eclectic, vintage pieces. Mid-century and Danish modern design is one place I think we could meet in the middle, so I’ve found my eye catching on it more and more as inspiration.
Are some of the items above major-splurges? Yes. Obvi. My budget could not stretch to create this room, but a girl can dream! In reality, there are some steals linked up above too (like that almost-too-cool giclee print) and for the rest I would DIY or bargain-hunt to find similar looks.
Need more inspiration? Books are a good place to start.
Mid-Century Modern: Interiors, Furniture, Design Details by Bradley Quinn
Atomic Ranch Midcentury Interiors by Michelle Gringeri-Brown
Charles & Ray Eames: 1907-1978, 1912-1988 Pioneers of Mid-Century Modernism by Gloria Koenig (this would make a gorgeous coffee-table book!)
Some other inspiring articles & round-ups include…
the nest’s Mid-Century Modern Decor Finds Under $200
Dwell’s Mid-Century’s Greatist Hit’s
Anyone else feeling the Mid-Century Modern Vibe? Kinda think Danish people must be really cool? Surprised that Urban Outfitter’s furniture had such a classic look?
PS: This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own, and I have not received compensation for anything written. Links to products on Amazon may be affiliate links. Keepin’ it real.