The best part of planning our move so far (for me, anyway) is our planned trip to Ikea. We are re-selling quite a few furniture items that we don’t want to move all the way and which we aren’t totally in love with, so we’re hoping to make enough money off those to completely cover the cost of a little Ikea trip on the way there.
As excited as I am about an Ikea shopping experience, we are looking at getting some pretty practical items… a chair, little dressers for the kids, etc. That is our max, but you can’t stop a girl from dreaming, right? Here is what I would buy if I had unlimited funds and a whole room to decorate. Well, two living rooms and a little guy’s room, anyway.
Let’s dream on…
Quirky Patterned Ikea Dream Living Room
Okay, granted this is a lot of pattern – but I love the contrast, and the way the reds and cooler tones play off of each other. Doesn’t that chair add structure?
- Curtains: EIVOR Curtains, 1 pair, white/black
- Sofa: KARLSTAD Sofa, Sivik dark gray
- Chair: STORSELE Chair high, black, rattan
- Coffee Table: IKEA PS 2012 Coffee table, dark turquoise
- Rugs: ALVINE Rug, flatwoven, pink, multicolor and VIRRING Rug, low pile
- Pillows and Throw: LAPPLJUNG Cushion cover, red-lilac and LAPPLJUNG RUTA Cushion cover, white/black and POLARVIDE Throw
- Home Decor Items: ANGENÄM Bowl, dark brown and ÅRYD Block candle holder, dark brown and ÅSIKT Scented block candle, orange
Glamorous & Practical Ikea Dream Living Room
As a family with children, I love anything that is still shiny and pretty and fabulous… and unbreakable with the ability to clean it easily. I like how the wood of the table and the plants in the print add a natural element to ground the glitter just a bit.
- Curtains: NINNI RUND Curtains, 1 pair, light beige
- Sofa: KARLSTAD Sofa, tufted, Grann white
- Coffee Table: IKEA STOCKHOLM Coffee table, golden brown
- Shelving: HYLLIS Shelving unit, galvanized
- Rug: MALIN FIGUR Rug, low pile, turquoise
- Pillows and Throw: MALIN FIGUR Cushion cover in multicolor and DAGNY Cushion in light beige and MALIN BAND Throw in multicolor
- Home Decor Items: SKÖR Vase and DIMMIG Vase and BILD Poster in pink parrot
Bright and Cuddly Ikea Dream Children’s Room
I’ve done some moodboards of what I envision our daughter’s room looking like some day… but if I could drop some cold hard cash on our son’s room right now, all these things make the cut. Ikea is just so easy to mix and match. How sweet are those foxes?
- Bed: MAMMUT Bed frame with slatted bed base, blue
- Steps: TROGEN Footstool, red
- Bedding: VANDRING RÄV Duvet cover and pillowcase(s), green/brown
- Lighting: SKOJIG Pendant lamp, blue
- Toys: DUKTIG 14-piece vegetables set and VANDRING RÄV Soft toy, set of 2
- Coat-rack: KROKIG Clothes stand, white, multicolor
- Mirror: BARNSLIG Mirror, green
Anyone else window shopping for affordable Swedish furniture? Buying fake vegetables for their kid? Wishing they actually played the lotto?
PS: This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own, and I have not received compensation for anything written. Keepin’ it real.