I am grateful for every little thing I have in my kitchen. Particularly, when I consider what my ancestors had to work with; irons you had to heat in a fireplace, wet laundry that had to be rung out with sheer muscular strength, and every recipe being made from scratch. Whew. I can’t imagine not having honey nut cheerios to quiet the kids down in a pinch.
Still, I am not oblivious to innovative technologies or infomercials. So, here is my list of kitchen gadgets I am currently coveting. Some are so impractical I’m sure I’ll never have on one my counter top; others, I hope have found a cozy little home in one of my kitchen drawers soon.
1. OXO Good Grips Dough Blender: It’s a small thing… but every single time I make biscuits I swear up and down I am buying one of these things.
2. OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Ratcheting Pineapple Slicer: This may seem random, but I have an addiction to fresh pineapples. With a lot of practice, I’ve learned to cut one pretty efficiently and without the kitchen getting covered in a solid layer of pineapple juice. Still, this seems pretty cool.
3. Cuisinart CSB-76BC SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender: Everyone I know seems to own one of these, and I am constantly envious. Someday…
4. KitchenAid Wire Whip Replacement: This is pretty high on the list of gadgets I may actually buy someday. My current Kitchen Aid whip has oxidized (that is what that is, right?) at the top… apparently you really aren’t supposed to toss those in the dishwasher. Oops.
5. Blendtec TB-621-20 Total Blender: Okay, this price is sky-high therefor making my chance of ever owning this very low. When I look at it, I have visions of living off of amazing spinach-peach-yogurt-wheat germ smoothies… or whatever it is people actually make with this thing.
6. Catamount Glassware 1-Quart Personal Popper: We already own a popcorn air popper, but I could affectionately nickname it “sparky”… it doesn’t have an on/off switch, so when you plug it in the wall it causes some special effects.
7. New SideSwipe for KitchenAid Tilt-Head Mixers: Another Kitchen Aid accessory… no idea if this is the right one for my own machine model. How do you ever know that for sure? Anyway, how handy does this look? Very.
8. Sodastream Fountain Jet Soda Maker Starter Kit: This sounds impractical even to me… but I do drink sparkling water like it’s… well, water. I tell myself that because I’m recycling those plastic 1 liter bottles, it’s alright… but this could be the solution. If I ever have $80 sitting around.
9. The America’s Test Kitchen Quick Family Cookbook: This book just seems practical. With small kids in the family, the faster I can cook something up, the better. I would love more cookbooks that are focused on techniques and less about specific recipes.
10. The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook: Do cookbooks count as kitchen gadgets? Yes, I decided that they do. Everyone I know loves this cookbook, and it comes highly recommended. Someday, it will be mine.
This compilation was originally created as a Listmania! list on Amazon. Those are a little addictive. That means there will be more of those to come. And yes, I have a thing for Kitchenaid and OXO. Brand-loyalty, can’t be helped.
Anything else I should add to it?
PS: This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own, and I have not received compensation for anything written. Keepin’ it real.